4/13/07

Leg Circuit - Corrected

Mark Day pointed out that there was a typo the other day on the leg circuit. I apologize I was so excited about the teams perfromance that I did not check my typing. Here is the correct leg circuit:

Bodyweight Squat x 20 reps

Bodyweight Lunge x 20 reps (10 each leg)

Bodyweight Step-up x 20 reps (10 each leg)

Jump Squat x 10

The order of the exercises is important. I arrived at the order by trail and error. This order allows the exercises to be done with a degree of quality. Rate of work is also crucial, the goal is one rep per second, this really stresses the fast eccentric which is a key element in bodyweight lower extremity exercise. Last but not least, remember context, this is one part of a detailed long term progression. The leg circuit is not an end unto itself. It will give you a real burn, but that is not what it is about, it is about Foundational Strength to provide a work capacity of power endurance to build the upon.

3 Comments:

At 4/13/07, 9:12 AM, Blogger Joe Przytula said...

Good heads up Mark, and one other random thought. In a previous blog, I believe you said you had one of those, "Burn with Vern" T-Shirts. I have seen them, and no one will come clean on where they got it. A cult seems to surround the whole issue- Vern denies their existance. My personal theory is that they were stolen from the back of Vern's garage, and now are being trafficked across the U.S. by biker gangs. It's time YOU came clean Mark...or, is the truth too dangerous.

 
At 4/13/07, 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,

I did not say I had one of those exact shirts. I do have a shirt or 2 I think that has Gambetta on it that I got from a seminar someplace (Chicago/Legs or Cleveland/Rebuilding). If I remember I said Vern needs to sell them.

Here is a great promo item idea for a shirt.

The front would say
"Gambetta Sports Training"

On the back it would list

"Vern's Top 10 Reasons to Define the Field"

We could come up with the Top 10 reasons.

Would that be great to wear at the NSCA confernce and around? I am getting excited just thinking about it.

Mark Day D.C., CSCS, DACBSP

 
At 4/13/07, 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The coined phrase,"Burn with Vern"...goes back a long way..way back when he had the rehab athletes (rehab-bers)performing P.T.A circuits. Although there weren't any T-shirts around at the time, the rehabbers had coined the phrase themselves when it came time to "Burn with Vern" back in the 1990. Guys would run and hide when one of them called out, "It's time to 'BURN with VERN' boys"! You will be amazed that all the athletes that Vern have ever worked with...12 years later still talk about "BURN with VERN".

Vern, I have copyrighted "P.T.A" !!!

PTA doesn't stand for parent teacher association!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home