10/17/06

Where does it stop?

Plagiarism is stealing!! I just got a phone call from someone giving a heads up that someone had copied one of my articles word for word and posted it on a web site as their article. This is highly unprofessional and illegal. The person who did this is named Scott Feldman and the website was firstathlete.com

This kind of stuff has to stop. This has happened to me in many shapes and forms over the past ten years. Every time it happens it gets a little harder to take. If anyone knows this individual please clue him in. He owes me an apology and should be reprimanded by whoever certifies him if he is certified. If you want to use something I have produced, write and ask permission. Many people have done this and I have hardly ever denied anyone permission. Also remember just giving someone credit is not a license to steal, you must first seek their permission, preferably in writing.

3 Comments:

At 10/17/06, 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is unbelievable. Normally I'm not one to "out" someone as a former teacher I'm comfortable in saying that this is reprehensible. From firstathlete.com his contact info is 201-759-3987 and sfieldman@optonline.net . I'll be sure to drop a line as soon as I'm out of practice. Absurd.

 
At 10/17/06, 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This really is sad. It just goes to show you that some people are not smart or creative enough on a give topic to write on their own so they have to steal others work.

Giving credit where credit is due doesn't blast your credibility or make you appear less knowledgeable. Unfortunately, some people think that is the way it goes. I just call it insecurity.

 
At 10/18/06, 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I glanced around the website and see there are many articles but could not find the one in question but makes me wonder how much of that other stuff is copied? How many monkeys at a typewriter would it take for that to occur by random?

Vern,

It would be fun if you had promo t-shirts made up for yourself so that we can not only list all of your books, videos and articles as references but wear you proudly on our chest when we are training folks or doing talks.

Mark Day D.C., CSCS, DACBSP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home