10/17/06

More Sissy Squat

Why is that such a good exercise? I have always thought of sissy squat as a body building exercise. Frankly knowing what I know today, I would not have had those girls squat. Basically I am not so sure that that a middle distance and distance runner needs to do much more than bodyweight squats if that. Today I would have them doing lunges and step-ups. To answer your question – no none of them had an injury history. They were all athletes who were very active, very different from today’s kids.

1 Comments:

At 10/17/06, 4:23 PM, Blogger Joe Przytula said...

Phew. Some people are really passionate about their sissy squats Vern. Seriously, I didn't realize people still did them. I thought they went out in the 70's (is there anyone out there who remembers the sissy squat apparatus that would lock in the lower leg?) I'm going to throw on an old tie dye shirt and some Pink Floyd and do a couple sets now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home