9/27/06

England Day One

Arrived in Manchester yesterday morning. Richard Smith, my host from the English Cricket board picked me up. Richard is the National Academy Physiologist and Sport Science Coordinator. It was good visiting with him and learning about the plan and vision for cricket development. It is very impressive. I am spending today with the cricket. We will be going over their screening tests and I will present my ideas on core strength & Stability. Should be fun.

The English rugby team is having a training camp here so I was able to catch up with Dave Reddin, the head strength and conditioning coach and his assistant Calvin Morriss. I am going to watch an hour of their practice this morning.

Yesterday afternoon was a discussion/mentoring session with the EIS Strength & Conditioning staff here at Loughborough. It was fun sitting with the those five young coaches and sharing ideas and information. We all share the same concerns and problems regardless of the country or the sports.

1 Comments:

At 9/27/06, 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vern,
Sounds like an exciting trip. When you say screening, can you share with us what you mean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home