7/11/06

Book Recommendations

Brandon Bovee wrote to me to “ask you what would
be the top 5 books you would recommend that I read in this lifetime.” I can’t pick five books. I have read over seventy books since the first of the year. I love reading. I will share with some of my must reads and books that have really influenced me. There are more but I picked these off the top of my head.

Training

Track & Field Omnibook by Ken Doherty

Principles of Sports Training by Harre

Running by Bosch & Klomp

The Science of Sports Training by Thomas Kurz

Weight Training by Stone & O’Bryant

Science of Swimming by Counsilman

Track & Field by Smolinsky

Sports Science

Kinesiology by Logan & McKinney

Biomechanics – A qualitative Approach by Kreigenbaum & Barthels

Textbook of Work Physiology by Astrand

The Inner Athlete by Nidefer

Mechanics of Athletics by Dyson

Strength and Power in Sport (Second Edition) edited by Komi

Inspiration/Motivation

Seven Story Mountain by Thomas Merton

Mastery by George Leonard

The Silent Pulse by George Leonard

The Power of Resilience by Brooks & Goldstein

Frames of Mind by Howard Gardner

Genius: The Life and Science of Richard Feynman by Gleick

Leadership and the New Science by Wheatly

Staying With It – On Becoming an Athlete by Jerome

Non Training – Fiction & Non Fiction

Cannery Row by Steinbeck

Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck

The Log From the Sea of Cortez by Steinbeck

The Nick Adams Stories by Hemingway

Anything by John McPhee

The Ninth Wave by Burdick

1 Comments:

At 7/11/06, 8:29 PM, Blogger Joe Przytula said...

I noticed you have taken Siff's "Supertraining" off your list. Any comments?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home