2/28/08

Footwear

For the reader who commented on the shoes that the Venice girls are wearing, I could not agree more. I do not advocate the higher heeled shoes worn as training shoes today. I also believe in training barefoot given the correct surface and situation. All of that being said, now let’s be practical. I do not have control over what shoes these kids wear. It is totally their choice based on what they can and cannot afford. Also as you can until we go indoors in June all the training is done asphalt. As homework I have assigned certain players barefoot work. In addition there is a big emphasis on three dimensional clave stretching. As a side note tone of the girls who broke her wrists last fall and was unable to participate in practice did all her plyo work during that time on the court barefoot. Before that she has problems with chronic ankle sprains – no more, in addition a nice vertical jump improvement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home