8/9/07

Joe Vigil

Joe is one my mentors and a continual inspiration to me. Tuesday evening I got a call from Joe. It is always great to hear from him. He is a precious resource, a great coach, scientist and person. I wanted to ask me some questions about training, specifically the origins of the SAID Principle. I was taken aback, because here is the guy I learn from asking me my opinion. The bottom line is here is PhD coach of tremendous athletes always trying to learn. We could all learn a lesson from this. No matter how you know you should never stop learning. Joe has a PhD in exercise physiology and at least two master degrees yet he still does one hour a day of professional development reading daily, usually at 4:00 AM. He is now helping with Ryan Hall’s training, watch out for this kid in the long run (no pun intended).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home