11/2/06

More Sid Gilman & Alvin Roy

I want to thank Jorge Carvajal for sending the book “World Champion San Diego Chargers – Strength Program “In And Out” of Season. Because it is an original copy the pictures are very clear. I am going to scan this, bind it and add to my library. Thanks Jorge. Did this bring back memories of all those lifting sessions 40 years ago. This program got me strong! I did not gain 45 pounds, only ten, but I was not using the medicinal aids they were using Steriods were legal then).One thing that was really neat and that I had forgotten was that the coaches, Sid Gilman and his staff were actually there coaching the players on the lifts. There are pictures of the coaches working out themselves. You will probably not see this anywhere today.

1 Comments:

At 11/2/06, 11:17 AM, Blogger JC said...

&CLike most of you, I have an extensive library dealing with Coaching, Training, S, Performance, etc, but this one stands out as my favorite.
You can actually feel the coaching in the pictures. It's a treasure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home