11/2/06

Cool Toy

I love to read, so consequently I hang out a lot in bookstores and libraries. Yesterday when I was at Borders there was a display for the Sony Reader. I had read about it, but not seen it. This is really cool. Until I actually saw this I had been rather cool to the idea of eBooks, too hard to read on the computer. This liberates you from the computer. It is a manageable convenient size and most of all you can adjust the size of the text. For people like me whose arms are no loner long enough to enable me to read without glasses this is cool. This prompted me to forge ahead full speed with the production of eBooks, because now it is practical. Our first one will be our Soccer Speed in eBook format, hopefully by the first of the year.

Also while looking at the Sony Reader display one of the sales lady’s came up to me and asked if I wanted to try it. She was so fired up about it how great this was she could not wait to show it to me. I thought this was cool. Her enthusiasm got me fired up. She told me she goes to the display and plays with it every opportunity she gets. What a testimonial and she was not a techie. She was a woman my age who actually told me that she really doesn’t like computers but was fascinated by this. There is a lesson here – enthusiasm whatever your job is contagious! I am not sure when I will buy one, but I think this will be on Christmas list.

1 Comments:

At 11/2/06, 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vern, the Reader is a nice little tool, and I love eBooks, but for $350, you can get a high end PDA (palm or windows) that will read eBooks and do a lot more, give you wi-fi, bluetooth ability, daily log, take notes, games, mp3's, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home