10/30/06

Sid Gilman/Alvin Roy Book

Chip Morton, the Strength Coach for the Cincinnati Bengals just sent me a photocopy of the book. This was a book that was given to me by high school football coach when I was a sophomore in college. As I recall it had a lot of great information, I am looking forward to reading it again. What is amazing is that it was written in 1964! Alvin Roy has to be the first person who actually had the title of Strength Coach. I know he was the first in the NFL and he was at LSU before that. Here is a quote from Sid Gilman, the head coach of the Chargers: “Strength is an important of agility. Increase the strength of a football player and you will increase his AGILITY.” Gilman was a real innovator in the game; it is obvious that he put a lot of stock in physical preparation.

1 Comments:

At 10/31/06, 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to know Chip reads this. I wonder what he thought about your comments towards Carson Palmer's rehab. I wonder why the Bengals have so many injuries this year? Is he using any of your stuff?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home