11/3/06

Excellence - Can you get better?

One of my mottos always has been training the best to be better. It is not easy to be the best and to want to get better and then actually do it. It is easier to be average. I hear all the excuses. It is not easy to be excellent. You have to keep working, sometimes when you don’t want to and no one is around. You have to keep learning. When you think you know it all you are done. Right now after my trip to Holland, reading a book about Charlie Weis (Notre Dame Football Coach), reading another book about Steve Wozniak, (one of the founders of Apple Computer) this week and starting to get more into working with rugby I am fired up about coaching and being the best I can be. We must have high standards to expect the athletes to perform. We must set high demands for ourselves as coaches. I would like to challenge all of you to strive to be the best. What have you done today to improve yourself? What have you done today to improve your athletes both as people and as athletes?

1 Comments:

At 11/3/06, 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does reading your blog count?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home