10/13/05

The Essence of Nonsense

I would hate to be a young person getting into this field today. There is so much contradictory information and misinformation it is very difficult to separate fact from fiction. My daughter is just starting coaching and this is the frustration she expressed to me the other day. She asked why everyone tries to make it so complicated. I live by the mantra that “simplicity yields complexity.” You do not have to make it complicated. Keep it simple. Look for the big picture. Do not get caught up in trivia. Look for causes of movement errors. They are usually pretty apparent. To make sense of the nonsense base you thinking on principles of movement. The body is fundamentally pretty smart. It is well designed and highly adaptable. Train it and rehab accordingly.
No blogs for the next few days. I am off to Green Bay, Wisconsin to do a seminar. Have a good weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home