8/6/07

Two of My Heroes


Jim Radcliffe and Gary Winckler are two of my heroes. I admire what they have done as coaches. They are two people who are great teachers, firm and fair and are always working to get better. They are all about substance, not style. If this were the old west they would be the quiet sheriff in town who kept order without ever firing their guns. These guys are class acts. I have been reminded of this in the last two weeks as I have used them as sounding boards for advice on a big decision I have to make. When the bottom fell out two years ago they there to help, unlike a lot of the hangers on who professed friendship and bailed when it looked like I would no longer to be able to help them. I am proud to have these guys as my heroes,the bonus is that they are also my friends.

2 Comments:

At 8/6/07, 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vern,
Looking forward to hearing your big news!

My guess is that you might be going overseas!

Suspense suspense!!!

 
At 8/6/07, 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vern,

As you tell us

"Make small changes in many areas - rather massive change in one area."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home