7/17/07

Good Reads

I love to read and I read as much as I can on a variety of subjects. Here are some books that I have read recently and recommend.

The Art of Learning: A Journey in the Pursuit of Excellence by Josh Waitzkim

Waitzkim is the the subject of the movie "Searching for Bobby Fischer" He shares his ideas on excellence. He was a chess champion and a Push Hands Tai Chi champion



George Kennan: A Study of Character by John Lukacs
George Kennan has been a hero of mine since high school. He was an American diplomat and historian. His writing predicted many of the events in todays world, especially the breakup of the Soviet Union.








Stealing the Wave: the epic struggle between Ken Bradshaw & Mark Foo by Andy Martin
I love surfing, even though I only body surf. This is a story of two big wave riders. To me surfing epitomizes athleticism







The Seeds of Innovation: Cultivating the Synergy That Fosters New Ideas by Elaine Dundon
Just as the title describes it.






Weird Ideas That Work: 111/2 Practices for Promoting, Managing, and Sustaining Innovation by Robert I. Sutton
Sutton is a good writer and someone who really gets it. Applicable to all fields of endeavor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home