5/3/07

Happy Days are here again – forget the past!

B wrote this is in response to one my posts yesterday as well as a recurrent theme that I have been hitting on:

“So, excuse my skepticism that everything old is good and everything new and young is bad.”

I can see where you are coming from, but you have misinterpreted what I have said. Sounds like you are generalizing from one experience with a strength coach who did not get it. You may get it, but why are we seeing some of the things we see today that we have never seen before? That is a legitimate question. The younger generation is not taught basics of movement. Sure your generation knows a lot, that is great, but can they apply it? I have seen way too many younger coaches who know a lot but do not have the common sense to come out of the rain. Don’t deny the past learn from it, both the good and the bad. I had more terrible coaches than good coaches in the good old days. They have been my inspirational all my life. I vowed at an early age to never be like them. So in summary everything old is not good nor is everything new the best either it is a good combination of experience and knowledge.

1 Comments:

At 5/3/07, 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seemed as if all human spirit and life was being born once again. And it is from this general feeling that the name of this period comes from; Renaissance.

It seems as if all human spirit and life is being born once again. And it is from this general feeling that the name of this period comes from; New Millennium

 

Post a Comment

<< Home