11/27/06

The Obvious

Look for the obvious first. What made me think about this was an incident that happened the other day. My wireless mouse on my laptop was not working. Panic ensued, because without my mouse I have to use the touch pad, which dives me nuts. So instead of looking at the most obvious thing the surface the mouse was on, I started resting the mouse, checking connection, I even changed the battery, to no avail, it still would not work. Then I did the most simple and obvious thing I put a notepad on the glass surface and low and behold it worked. How often do we do similar things in coaching? The moral of this story is that before looking for exotic solutions look for the obvious. Sometime the answer is right in front of you, it does not require biomechanical analysis, it requires simple powers of observation and common sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home