11/22/06

Seth Godin

Joe Przytula sent me this in response to my post about Seth Godin’s book: “Please elaborate on what you like about Seth, and what separates him from other motivational speakers out there. You and he are both Stanford alumni, no?” I was turned onto Seth by my friend Kevin McGill. Kevin was always talking about him and how stimulating his writing was and how relevant the ideas were. That being said, I have been a big of Seth Godin for the past three years. He is far from a motivational speaker. He is a real thinker who clearly communicates his ideas. His writings have been centered on his concepts of “marketing.” I use “Marketing” in quotation marks because for me he provides insights on how to better communicate ideas and concepts. He definitely gets me thinking. Godin was my inspiration for starting this blog. Read today’s post on his blog, it is simple, straight forward and above all good sound advice. He is not too complicated or impressed with himself, which also impresses me.

Yes we both did go to Stanford. I just found that out last week that he went to Stanford Business School. I went to the significantly less challenging but equally rewarding School of Education.

2 Comments:

At 11/22/06, 8:43 AM, Blogger Joe Przytula said...

I guess you're not the only one that feels that way. He sold out a Broadway Theatre up here in a few hours for 1200 bucks a seat!

 
At 11/22/06, 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There seems to be a big difference between Seth Godin and Zig Ziglar. Selling out a theater doesn't mean you are a motivational speaker.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home