10/22/06

What a can of worms

First of all I am not going to defend the videos I have made. They are all part of a system of training. When we started making them way back in 1991 or 92 the idea was that they would all be connected and have progressions. They were made for professionals not kids, that is a huge difference. You guys can do anything you want, but I pride myself on being an educator and I will always provide high quality information that fits into a system. If you look at the stuff I give away for free I think that represents where I am coming from. I am going to define this field. I am not a personal trainer, I am coach who was trained as a coach, so I will provide coaching information. It is amazing to me the response the original post has received, way out of proportion to its importance. It is amazing how sensitive people are. Is it because the truth hurts? It is clear to me that many people are in this solely for the money. I am going to share as much as I can. Charge for what I have to in order to pay the bills. I do not want to end up like Mel Siff, a bitter critic of everyone else. I hope all of this has made everyone think and analyze a bit more.

6 Comments:

At 10/22/06, 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vern,
I couldn't agree with you more. Keep up the GREAT work.

 
At 10/22/06, 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"They are all part of a system of training. When we started making them way back in 1991 or 92 the idea was that they would all be connected and have progressions"

Vern, totally agree with your comments here. However, do you know whether or not this Low Box DVD has the same intention?

I think the reason the original post has received as much attention as it has is not b/c anyone here doubts our disbelieves that you are a fantastic coach and add value to this profession. However, it was the underlying message that came across that felt like it attacked the creator of the Low Box DVD.

He, just like you, is a fantastic coach and also adds value through his work and products.

Hope this makes sense.

 
At 10/22/06, 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vern said
"It is clear to me that many people are in this solely for the money. I am going to share as much as I can. Charge for what I have to in order to pay the bills."

How are you different from anyone else then? Lee Taft replied to your shots about him. Is he not sharing as much as he can?
Is he not charging what he has to in order to pay the bills?

Who died and made you King?

Vern said:
"I do not want to end up like Mel Siff, a bitter critic of everyone else."

So right now you bitterly criticized Lee Taft's product and marketing. You're on the EXACT same road Vern..it's sad to see this happen.

 
At 10/22/06, 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree 100% that Vern is a great coach, with a proven track record and no one is attacking him.

The only 'attacking' is being done BY Vern towards the author of the Low Box DVD.

 
At 10/22/06, 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes all of these last 3 comments are well said. No one here is attacking Vern personally.

However, it is this outward attack and others like it in recent posts that are not rpresentative of you communicating your best.

 
At 10/23/06, 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come you guys are all defensive about this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home