7/5/06

Italia Avanti!!!

It was so great watching Italy triumph over the American trained German machine. The Italian were skillful (a given at this level), they were FAST, Specifically fit and always first to the ball. When I found out that Germany had not touched a soccer ball since their last game I felt it was only going to be a matter of time. The Italians have been pioneers in the application of speed and power training to soccer. They also have done a lot with specific fitness for the game over the years. I do not know what the Italians specifically do on a day to day to day basis, but having worked with some Italian players on the pro teams that I have worked with they have good training backgrounds in speed and power. I am looking forward to the final. I want France to make it so I can see Zidane play again but it is hard to get that Italian out of my blood.

1 Comments:

At 7/7/06, 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Vern,I watch some pictures and clips about German*s fitness training.Am I right that Verstegen*s program is some version of yours Functional path philosophy.If I am right,can you coment his methodology.Do you think
that he did some mistake?Do you change something in their preparation?
I think that physicaly Germans did very well,but it will be intresting to see your opinion from your expirience.
Misha Filipovic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home