3/25/08

Michigan Women’s Swimming

I want to congratulate Jim Richardson, his staff and the swimmers at University of Michigan for their ninth place finish in the NCAA Women’s Championship. This is the fifth year I have helped Jim in designing their Dryland training program. It has been a great learning experience for me. He is a great coach to work with. He is always challenging me and helping me think of new ways to get things done. Jim has done a superb job of correlating the water training with the Dryland training. Unlike many coaches who use the Dryland work as another way to hammer their swimmer, Jim has used it enhance what is happening in water.

2 Comments:

At 3/25/08, 11:05 AM, Blogger Huw said...

Vern I couldn't agree more, as a triathlon coach I have to make sure my athletes are able to execute good powerful swim strokes without having them spend half their lives in the pool (they are hard-working age-groupers, not pampered elites!) and this often rquires focused conditioning work to enhance, not wear out, as you have put it.
Huw, www.runflux.com

 
At 3/25/08, 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vern or anyone else, Do you have any comments on the functional movement systems?- RG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home