3/25/08

Limits

“The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.” Arthur C. Clarke English physicist & science fiction author (1917 - 2008) I saw this quote this morning and it reminded of so many things that I have seen in my coaching career. I firmly believe that nothing is impossible. Most of what we think is impossible is because of mental barriers that keep us from achieving what we are capable of doing. I also think that so often we are limited because of what other people say or think. When someone tells me that something won’t work or that I can’t do that because we already tried and it didn’t work, that is more motivation to get it done.

1 Comments:

At 3/25/08, 11:01 AM, Blogger Huw said...

Good post Vern, reminds me of a very Zen-like quote that I will add to yours, can't remember where it comes (you will probably know it better than I do):
'What's the heaviest weight you can lift?
- The one you can't lift.'
Huw, www.runflux.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home