9/30/07

Wish it could be so easy

Do a squat, do a single leg squat, take a still picture, plug it into a computer and get a training and injury prevention program. Presto – no need to watch the athlete move, no injury or performance history just two simple tests, a video and a computer program and an online certification to learn how to do the evaluation. Something is wrong with this picture, yet in certain situations this is now considered the way to go. Let get real. You wonder why we have injuries – one size does not fit all.

3 Comments:

At 9/30/07, 9:46 AM, Blogger Joe Przytula said...

I wish I could be a fly on the wall & watch you go through the program design process. I've read that when Earnest Hemingway completed a novel, he would take his pen & keep crossing out words, and sometimes complete paragraphs to streamline exactly what he wanted to say in the least amount of words; yet artistically as possible. I imagine you being a cross between Hemingway & John Madden, with sports analysis charts and fitness tests flying all over the place with your pen moving furiously. I've said this before in this blog, that program design is your gift. I would love to see a book from you on the topic. I'm not just talking about it's place in coaching, but it is also the missing link in the rehab setting.

 
At 9/30/07, 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Joe P.!

Mark Day

 
At 10/6/07, 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe P, Have you lost it man? Brian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home