9/4/07

Training Tool - The Front Snorkel

This is a tool I have used the last seven years. I am by no means a technically sound swimmer but the front snorkel enables me to swim with a semblance of good technique. It enables you to hold a good position in the water and rotate on the long axis. This is a good tool to use with a non-swimming athlete who wants to swim for recovery or as a supplementary aerobic workout. It allows swimmers to concentrate on body balance, head position and stroke technique by eliminating the breathing cycle rotation. Breathing through a snorkel while swimming, increases the capacity of the lungs to expel air, required for optimal intake of oxygen. It is made by Finis www.finisinc.com (Disclaimer - I do not get paid them, they do give me discounts on their equipment)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home