12/21/06

Positive Step

Pease send the reference I would love to read it. There has been similar research done on block starts over the years. Yes, there is a countermovement and there has to be, but a step back defeats the purpose. I am real interested in reading the study. It is one thing to look at the initial action and another to study where you end up. That is what we did when we studied the various stepping scenarios.

As far as comments about video’s and DVD’s I also do not appreciate those comments. We all have to make a living, although I do object to introducing random terms that have more marketing pizzazz than actual factual/ scientific basis. That is a general statement not aimed at anyone in particular. I am always trying to learn, but to learn I look at successful coaching application and teaching methodology supported by scientific research when possible. Statements like ‘the team got amazing results” are not good enough for. Show me the numbers! Coaches see what they want to see. It reminds of a storey of a player with the White Sox, Ozzie Guillen, who would not go near weights. One day before a game a he did three sets of curls. In the game he hit a home run and went three for four. After the game he told the reporters it was the weight program he was on. Validation?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home