8/20/06

Southwest Airlines

I know this blog is supposed to be about the Functional Path. Well stick with me and you will see the connection. I fly a lot, probably more than I want to. I am fascinated by excellence is sports, business and life. Southwest Airlines is excellent. When other airlines are totally out of whack and going bankrupt they are succeeding. This past weekend I flew Southwest from Tampa to Tulsa and back. This is not the first time I have flown Southwest, but in the past month I have flown Delta, United and ATA, they don’t get it. Southwest does and it is great. They focus on the customer (what a revolutionary concept). I asked the stewardess why they can get it done and others cannot. Her answer was priceless, “because we care about the company.” There is a lesson there for all of us. Success transcends disciplines. Food for thought.

4 Comments:

At 8/20/06, 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vern...I agree and have experienced the same thing on Southwest airlines and it got me thinking too and how it can be applied to our field. A very simple concept that MOST people fail to put into practice.

 
At 8/22/06, 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is priceless for young coachs growing in this business, PRICELESS! And it helps me focus on the important things, education,application,coaching.

 
At 8/22/06, 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vern...this is right on the money! Every young athlete who whines about why his/her team is not succeeding should be told this over and over.

 
At 8/22/06, 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

priceless. I recieved a message today from a big fitness compamy, it was a recording of this mans voice.

"Hello my name is Peter Davis co - founder of IDEA, I'm calling you for two reasons, first to thank you for having so much passion in helping your clients lead a healthy lifestyle, second to remind you of the big conference in NY"...... and over

 

Post a Comment

<< Home