5/7/06

Outside Magazine Article

The June issue of Outside magazine (On the news stands now)has an article that summarizes some of my ideas on training and has a sample training program. It was written by Paul Scot, an excellent writer. Paul spent two days interviewing me and actually survived one of the ‘Burn with Vern” workouts in my high tech garage training center. He did a super job considering the space limitations that were placed on him. I have always been pretty skeptical of these types of articles because I feel they smacked of self promotion, but I think Paul did a good job of presenting my philosophy. I was hoping they would have a picture of my garage and the hurdles in the driveway, but Amy Acuff has a bit more sex appeal.

3 Comments:

At 5/8/06, 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read Outside article and found the descriptions of the exercises hard to follow/not detailed enough. Was hoping that perhaps you would consider posting a more comprehensive/detailed version on your site.

 
At 5/10/06, 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say I agree with the above. I think I can make some sense of it, but there is quite a bit of room for interpretation.

 
At 5/10/06, 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read the Outside article and have 2 questions. 1) Will your upcoming book, Athletic Development, expand on the concepts in the article, and 2)Would you recommend your approach for a 40 something guy who has spent way too much time at a desk as part of a plan to improve my fitness?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home