4/16/06

Geno Auriemma – In Pursuit of Perfection

I just finished reading Geno Auriemma’s – In Pursuit of Perfection. It was an enjoyable read by a man who is driven to succeed. I certainly related to a lot of what he said in the book. He himself was an immigrant, my parents were immigrants and many of the experiences he related in the book brought back memories of my youth and my parents. The following quote particularly struck me:

“I think kids today have lost something. The bus I got stuck behind stopped at every street corner. At one stop six kids got on. The next stop, which was thirty or forty yards away, tops, another group of kids got on. I’m thinking to myself, “Why can’t they just walk to the next bus stop?” That’s what missing. We do everything for our kids today. Life has become too easy. That’s one reason coaching to me, is not just about basketball. It’s about teaching kids how to get along in life.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home