2/16/08

Monica Seles

I saw yesterday that Monica announced her retirement. She is one of my favorite athletes, a real class act. I had the honor of working her for about five months in 1998-99. She was as focused as any athlete I have ever worked with. Never complained about anything, very positive. She certainly is the antithesis of some of the spoiled prima donnas of today. She was a very good athlete who was given a very good athletic foundation by her first coach who was here father. He had been a triple jumper and trained in the elements of track and field. I wish her all the best in her life outside of tennis; something tells me that in the future we will be hearing more from her. All the best Monica - you have been a terrific role model for young and old!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home