11/15/06

"Russian Training Secrets"

Who has the Russian Secret Training methods? When will the next poorly translated secret Russian sprint program be published? Folks there are no secrets Russian or otherwise. I am sorry if I sound a bit cynical here but in my earlier coaching days I admit I was completely infatuated with anything that the “Russians” did in training. The more I studied it the more questions I had. Then the more people I met and the more I began to cross reference traslations and find people who had seen the methodology first hand, the more I began to doubt. In the late eighties there were several tours to Russia or more precisely the Soviet Union were American coaches who paid (in dollars , not rubles) could go to study the Russian methods. I never went but I know many who did. I really doubt if they saw the real deal. They were fed the same KGB misinformation that we were reading in the Seventies, but they swallowed it hook, line and sinker. They showed them what they wanted to show them and told them what they wanted to hear. Now there are some new books available by Russian training experts. I have gotten several emails asking me if have read them. I have not, but in many ways I have. Looking at a summary and the table of contents it is the same recycled KGB misinformation that I was reading the 1970’s. Let look a little more in depth at all of this. Will this work in the context of society without medicinal aids? This is a classic example of the monkey see, monkey do syndrome.I will post more on all of this later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home