6/19/06

Ireland

Great seminar the past two days here in Dublin. Lots of good questions. People very earger to learn. I will post on the questions and detailed observations when I get back to the states. I was able to visit one of my former athelets last night. I had not seen him in twenty years. Real fun to revisit the good old days of coaching decathlon. It certainly was a more innocent time. We were all doing it then for love ofthe sport, certainly no money or shoe contracts. The family all plays Irish music, had a couple of great accordian peieces by the kids. Got in a great discussion on rhythms and music and the relationshipto rhythm in sport and movement. Movement is like music, it is not always about the notes, it is what happens between notes. Off to Edinburgh, Scotland

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home