1/9/06

Win the Workout

I must admit when I first heard Wayne Goldsmith, an Australian sports scientist, speak about this I was a bit put off. My thought was how can focus on winning the workout and still have something left for competition? The more I thought about it the more sense it made. Before I can ever think about winning in competition I must win the workouts consistently. It is a mindset that each athlete must bring to every training session. It is a convergence of psychology and physiology that accumulates over time. An athlete who is confident in their preparation is an athlete who has a chance in competition. To win the workout it must meet the following criteria:

ü The workout must be completed with concentration on the task at hand.

ü The workout must be done with the effort required, nothing less. This should be a given.

ü The workout must be done with intensity. Effort does not equal intensity

ü The drills and exercises must be done precision and quality

ü Finally the athlete has to be accountable for their performance during training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home