8/11/05

Defining the Field

I am positive that the "Strength and Conditioning" does not come close to defining the field. I used to think that Perfromance Enhancement was a better term, but I am not sure that is better. The term I prefer to use in Athletic Development. From my point of view this decribes what I do and my colleagues who share similar belifs. Wea re developing the complete athlete regardless of the sport. It is defintely more than strength, it involves traditional strength training methods and strength training that can be carried to the field, court or the pool. In short all componenets of athleticism are developed in the proportion demanded by the sport and specific to the needs of the individual athlete. I plan on developing this theme further in future posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home